From great mega-cities to quiet rural villages, gain an authentic insight into local life as APT guides you through Vietnam and Cambodia. With an exciting collection of breath taking river cruises and amazing land tours, we will take you beyond the tourist trail and reveal the very heart of these captivating destinations.
The seventh longest river in Asia and the 12th longest in the world, the Mekong River boasts one of the richest areas of biodiversity on the planet, the Mekong River basin. Come and explore the lush landscape on your Mekong River cruise and see places that will overwhelm you with the depths of their history.
We offer a choice of the best Mekong river cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia and onward holidays in Asia.
Call 0800 471 4754 to speak to expert Mekong travel planners.
(or 00 44 161 669 6262 from overseas)
ABTA bonded & ATOL protected UK Travel AgentsView Cruises
Travel onboard the brand new ultra luxury RV Mekong Serenity
- APT Luxury Mekong Cruises -
So much is included with APT luxury Mekong holidays:
1. Return flights from the UK
2. Enriching sightseeing including signature experiences such as sunrise at Angkor Wat
3. Outstanding service
4. Stylish accommodation – the best new ship on the Mekong, AmaMekong
5. A range of dining experiences including Luke Nguyen dining on every Mekong river cruise
6. The finer details – VIP home pick up in the UK, all inclusive onboard ship
7. There are 15 to 23 day itineraries including Ha Long Bay cruise on longer itineraries
Watch our video about APT luxury Mekong river cruises
Call to check availability on 0800 471 4754
- APT Travelmarvel Mekong River Cruise offers -
Essential river cruising in Vietnam & Cambodia with APT Travelmarvel
So much is included:
1. Return flights from the UK
2. Unique cultural experiences and tours with time to explore
3. Dining onboard and throughout the itinerary as specified
4. Select complimentary beverages serviced with lunch and dinner onboard
5. Overseas transfers, port charges and tippingAPT Travel Marvel Mekong Cruises
Have you got questions on The Mekong?
Call 0800 471 4754 to speak to our expert Mekong travel planners.
Highlights on a Mekong River Cruise
Highlights on your Mekong river cruise will include a visit to Cambodia’s Angkor Wat, one of the largest religious monuments in the world, spread over 162.6 hectares and originally constructed as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu for the Khmer Empire, it was gradually transformed into a Buddhist temple towards the end of the 12th century, built in the jungle near Siem Reap. The best time to visit is at sunrise or sunset to avoid both heat and crowds. Hanoi, no other destination better represents all the contrasts that exist in modern Vietnam. A French-conceived colonial city, Hanoi was the capital of French Indochina from 1902 to 1954. It boasts one of the most beautiful panoramas in the region and has more cultural sites than any other city in Vietnam, featuring more than 600 pagodas and temples.
Visit Ha Long Bay known for its turquoise waters and towering limestone islands topped with rainforest, take a Junk boat tour overnight to sail around the stunning Cát Bà National Park. And Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a small fishing village, it is now Vietnam’s largest city. From the enduring, narrow alleyways to the wide, historic boulevards, Ho Chi Minh City has an identity that is all its own. Historic French architecture adorns much of the city and prominent landmarks, such as Reunification Palace or Notre-Dame Cathedral, can be found in its jewel-like city center. Ho Chi Minh City’s beauty and vitality are infectious.See All Cruises
Our 5 top tips to help you choose
1. Choose a tour that gives you comforts but doesn’t wrap you in cotton wool. Experience South East Asia culture and everyday life and not just feel like a tourist. It’s what is usually referred to as authentic and it will save you money.
2. Choose a small ship with fewer guests. You will enjoy an intimate level of service and be able to talk to the staff onboard about their lives, the chef about the food and the guides about the area. You are onboard for 7 days and you will feel totally immersed.
3. You’ll save yourself money by following our advice on 1 & 2 and Vietnam and Cambodia and Laos offers great value for money for western travellers. And when you have experienced this area once, you will want to go back.
4. Take time out and visit the beach. Different times of year make different areas of the coast in Vietnam more appealing weather wise and also the distance from Ho Chi Min varies or Saigon to reach the best bits. Staying put at the beach is a great way to unwind. You are on holiday after all.
5. See a city, do a river cruise, visit the Angkor temples and then flop. If you would still like to travel more, then take another coach/plane and go to Ha Long Bay. Take 2-3 weeks and do this huge area at your own pace.
What are our customers saying?
Really helpful and friendly personal service from the Global River team.
- Mr Robinson, Viking River Cruises – Waterways of the Tsars